When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Child, your sins are forgiven.”
Mark 2:5 NABRE
1. To remind everyone of the truth that God has already forgiven us and the importance of embracing this truth.
2. To discuss and share how the gift of faith and the power of forgiveness work together.
3. To lead everyone in celebrating God’s work of mercy in our lives.
1. We are forgiven. We can celebrate life because Jesus Christ has restored us, giving us the freedom and strength to do what He wills. The healing that we will receive is as true as the forgiveness that He has given us. Jesus heals us through the power of His forgiveness.
2. The gift of faith and the power of forgiveness always come together and cannot be separated. We ought to recognize that God is at work in our lives, especially in times that we are in dire need of healing and forgiveness as we dwell in our woundedness and sinfulness.
3. God awaits us in His kingdom. We are always welcome to come home to Him.